Monday, October 31

Relax

Alright, relax people, take a joke. I did get Anthrax and Small Pox, but they were vaccines! Geez, if it were something serious you'd know. Stop watching the news for a minute and thinking of the worst case scenario. All that "Troops dying in Iraq" BS will not ease your mind any.

On another note, I did manage to crack and chip some teeth during training. I'm beginning to think I should start wearing a mouth-piece.

Training is going well. Its hard at times, especially being a team leader (I got promoted). It sucks a lot of the time too, but you have to drive on and accomplish the mission. 18 months of this isn't going to be easy, but it isn't going to be impossible either.

Today is the first partial day off we've had since the start of the deployment a month ago. 16 hour days for over 21 days straight make one long for even a few moments of personal time. Next time you complain about going to work for 8 or 9 hours think of us. Its a 24 hour a day job.

that's about all I have. I don't want to get in depth with training, just know that we're learning the necessary skills we need to apply when we get to Iraq in order to accomplish our mission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home